Cybersecurity experts at Secur stand between you and security threats that can damage your business. Whether that means constantly evolving fraud-prevention services, shutting down malicious sites, or layering protections with Silverline application services, we offer our services across South Africa, Namibia, Kenya, Botswana, Lesotho, Nigeria, Ghana and Lesotho.
Find out how the expertise and services offered via the Secur SOC can deflect the ever-growing number of security threats leveled at your business.
Respond to incidents in seconds
Overcome the endless manual task list plus become more productive by automating workflows and accelerating threat qualification, investigation, and response. See how LogRhythm can help your team remediate security incidents faster.
In this demo inspired by real-life events, watch a security analyst use our NextGen SIEM Platform to detect a life-threatening cyberattack on a water treatment plant.
SOC Manage Features
The following services are delivered as a fully managed service:
- Firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, CheckPoint)
- IPS/IDS (SourceFire, FirePower, Palo Alto, CheckPoint)
- Networking infrastructure (Switching, Routing)
- Cloud based Multi factor authentication (Yubico, RSA)
- PCI Environment Managed Service (Patching, Vulnerability Management, IPS)
For each of these services Secur can provide:
- Ownership of the ongoing management of security infrastructure
- 24/7 monitoring and support
- Hotfix and patch updates
- Threat management updates
- Continuous vulnerability management
- Change control verification
- Health and availability monitoring (SNMP/netflow data analysis)
Effective Firewall management requires a high level of expertise, experience and knowledge. In order to protect against malicious activity these security devices must be scoped, setup, installed, patched and regularly reviewed. The service provided by Secur can be depended on to reduce the cost of managing and owning security infrastructure whilst ensuring secure controls are applied throughout the network.
Security threats such as WannaCry could have been prevented through effective perimeter and internal security. It’s vital staff managing firewalls understand the threat landscape and are aware of what services carry the most risk. This can ensure businesses are advised on best security practise with constantly changing requirements and environments.
Secur’s firewall management provides 24/7 support, configuration and advice. When this service is aligned with SOC Monitor, Secur can offer a complete service when threats are detected to immediately respond and counter any threats.
Secur’s IDS/IPS offerings provide visibility and active protection at both the network perimeter and also key points of the network to ensure data and key services are protected and run effectively.
Threat intelligence gathered through Secur’s honeypot network provides information that can be transferred into custom IDS/IPS rules or tuning of current rules/policies. The Secur SOC -Manage team also tune devices according to the specific requirements of the network they monitor.
Effectively managing and monitoring IPS/IDS devices can often be overwhelming for internal IT teams with constant tuning and monitoring of alerts required. Secur’s SOC manage team can act as a security partner to assist overwhelmed Internal IT teams and offer expert response and remediation advice where required.
Secur SOC Manage employees have several years’ experience in network design, configuration and support with switches, routers and wireless products from Cisco, HP, Juniper, Nexus and Meraki. The SOC Manage team can scope requirements ranging from new greenfield sites to upgrades in capacity or single core switches.
Cloud Based Multi-Factor Authentication
Secur utilise SafeNet products to offer clients a secure authentication mechanism. With password brute force and weak passwords still a regular method of compromise two-factor authentication is an effective mitigation. The new requirements in PCI 3.2 also state any personnel to systems handling card data to use multi-factor authentication. Secur SOC Manage staff can offer best practise advice, installation and ongoing configuration assistance.
PCI Environment Management
Complete PCI environments are managed through the utilisation of several tools to offer patching, authentication, reporting, documentation, security management, vulnerability scanning and remediation. Secur SOC Manage can offer services that cover specific PCI security requirements such as firewall management to full PCI environment management.
The evolution of SIEM software
As SIEM software has transformed over time, the core components continue to provide value, while new, innovative technology — such as automation and new analytical techniques — has been built on top of the traditional SIEM foundation to provide the most comprehensive approach to reducing risk across an organization.
This evolution of capabilities and features is often referred to as “next-gen SIEM.” The deployment of a next-gen SIEM solution delivers enhanced methods for securing data and solidifying operational excellence. In “An Evaluator’s Guide to NextGen SIEM,” SANS provides specific criteria for advancing to the next evolution of SIEM technology.
Why use a managed SOC?
Organizations that are serious about their cybersecurity posture may quickly realize how significant the cost will be and time necessary to hire security experts, negotiate and purchase security software and infrastructure, install and configure the SOC, and then begin working to monitor for threats.
So, when organizations are considering the barriers to launching their own SOC, the following issues may be top of mind:
- You have limited internal security and/or SOC expertise – Managed SOC providers are experts in managing the security operations of organizations from all around the world in every industry vertical.
- There’s not enough budget for capital expenditures – With SOC as a Service, the capital expenditure normally involved with establishing a SOC is traded for a single, simple monthly operating expense.
- It takes too long to establish your own SOC – The time normally associated with building a SOC team, obtaining infrastructure, and licensing and implementing software is offset by the SOC as a Service provider’s already-running and manned SOC.
- An internal SOC may not improve the organization’s security posture – Mixing cutting edge threat intelligence, seasoned cybersecurity analysts, and state-of-the-art security monitoring and response orchestration solutions, an organization’s security posture – both on-premises and in the cloud – can immediately be enhanced the moment the service is implemented.
- An internal SOC may not be cost-effective – A managed SOC offering can be far less expensive than what it would cost an organization to stand up a SOC themselves. In many cases, the monthly cost for SOC as a Service is less than the cost of just the internal security analysts that would need to be hired (let alone the cost of establishing the SOC itself). At a fraction of the cost of an internal SOC, SOC as a Service is a cost-effective choice.
Protect Your Most Valuable Asset—Your Brand
If your business has a web presence, you’re a target for malicious forces. In this threat filled world, it’s important to have strong expertise on your side. SOC experts defeat threats before they impact your business and tarnish your brand.
Specialized Security Experts? They Work Here.
SOC experts have an unrivalled breadth and depth of industry experience. They’re using industry-leading F5 products combined with state-of-the-art security tools to ensure the best protection possible for your applications. They hold more than eighteen security certifications, including: CISSP, CEH, CSFA, CDRE, Security+, CCNA Security, F5 Certified, GIAC and more.
We Don’t Wait for Your Call
More often, a SOC expert will call you. That’s because Secur experts constantly monitor your website traffic, so they can get in front of any suspicious activity or attack. They’ll work with third parties, including governments, to take down malicious sites that are trying to do you harm.
Identify suspicious events allowing our trained security specialists to investigate and respond
Monthly reports showing volumes and trends of security incidents, providing an accurate trail of remediation actions, essential to keep up to date with current security trends
Highlight opportunities to improve security posture, to meet regulatory compliance and audits
Real-time monitoring through SIEM (Security Information Event Management)
SOC 2 Compliant
System and Organization Controls 2 (SOC 2) is a comprehensive audit that focuses on system-level controls of a service organization which focuses on the protection and privacy of data. Delta Risk has achieved SOC 2 compliance through an extensive review by our auditor, BDO. While SOC 2 compliance isn’t a requirement for SaaS and cloud computing vendors, we feel it is an essential component in establishing your trust as a security partner.
Download our MSS Brochure Below