For nearly four decades, APC has been the industry-standard for reliable power and physical IT infrastructure. Now the leading name in IT departments large and small and among our vast community of channel partners, our history of innovation has pushed our products into the global spotlight with infrastructure, management, and data security solutions protecting organisations around the world.
Incorporated in 1981, the American Power Conversion Corporation was established with a focus on research and development into solar electricity. . Formed by three electronic power engineers from MIT, APC then opened a Rhode Island-based manufacturing facility in 1986; the company also produced its first UPS that year, the 450AT+, which received a PC Magazine ‘Editor’s Choice’ award. In 1988, APC stock was made available for public trade.
1989 brought the introduction of the award-winning PowerChute® software which revolutionised power management, as well as product sales through two major distributors, Tech Data and Ingram Micro. In 1990, APC continued to introduce superior products such as the Smart-UPS® line, now recognised as the industry’s premier network power protection solution. That same year President and CEO, Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr., was named New England ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ by Inc. Magazine.
Throughout the 1990s, APC entered other markets with 155 new products such as SurgeArrest® surge protectors, Matrix-UPS®, the industry’s first modular UPS, a new generation of Smart-UPS, the company’s first Back-UPS Pro® models, and the Symmetra® Power Array™ which revolutionised the industry with redundancy, scalability and serviceability in a single solution. These product developments, the opening of two international manufacturing facilities (Galway, Ireland in 1994 and the Philippines in 1996), as well as the acquisition of Systems Enhancement Corp. and Silcon A/S, drove APC’s annual revenue above the $1 billion milestone in 1998.
On February 14, 2007, APC was acquired by Schneider Electric, a multinational European corporation known globally for its expertise in energy management and automation. This led to the establishment of the Critical Power & Cooling Services (CPCS) Business Unit, which now includes the APC and MGE UPS Systems brands.
High-Performance Computer and Electronics UPS for Premium Power Protection
- Customizable voltage-transfer points – Adjust the voltage points (widen or tighten the range) where your UPS transfers to battery to maximize useful battery life and protect sensitive electronics.
- Green mode – Patent-pending operating mode that bypasses unused electrical components in good power conditions to achieve very high operating efficiency without sacrificing any protection.
- Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) – Gives higher application availability by correcting low and high voltage conditions without using the battery (not available on all models).
- Battery failure notification – Provides early-warning fault analysis on batteries enabling timely preventive maintenance
- Cold-start capable – Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
- Intelligent battery management – Maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
- Customizable voltage sensitivity – Toggle between pre-determined voltage-transfer points depending on your power quality (high, medium or low sensitivity), maximizing useful battery life and protecting sensitive electronics.
- Transformer-block spaced outlets – Protect equipment with input transformer blocks without blocking access to other receptacles.
- Automatic self-test – Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
Smart Distribution Panel with ATS
Manages and delivers redundant power paths to the InfraStruXure system.
Rack Air Distribution
Air distribution systems for power dense racks and low-pressure areas
- Easy to install – Innovative design allows for fast, easy installation by almost anybody.
- Increases Airflow – Provides proper intake temperatures, increasing equipment life.
Easy Modular Data Center All-in-One
Prefabricated IT Infrastructure (UPS, cooling, racks, and management software), factory assembled all in one purpose-built, secure, weatherproof structure utilizing Easy solutions.
- Predictable Cost and Performance – Pre-engineered designs and factory assembled and tested infrastructure dramatically reduce total the total project timeline and complexity. This minimizes construction cost overruns and changes to the original engineering design. The result is the cost you expected the performance you planned for.
- Pre-engineered and Factory Assembled – Prefabricated Modules are designed and built to precise specifications in a controlled factory environment and utilize DCIM software which results in improved reliability and a more predictably performing data centre.