Altaro part of Hornetsecurity Group is a fast-growing developer of easy-to-use backup solutions for managed service providers (MSPs), IT resellers and IT departments. It specializes in backup for virtualized and cloud environments, providing affordable enterprise-class functionality while avoiding unnecessary features that add cost and undue complexity.
Secur is a Altaro Platinium partner based in South Africa, offering Altaro implementation, integration and support services, these services can be offered even in Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Kenya and Nigeria
Our products today include solutions to back up and restore Microsoft/Office 365 mailboxes and files in OneDrive and SharePoint; physical Windows server backup; and endpoint backup for files stored on roaming and on-premise Windows desktops and laptops.
Altaro Physical Server Backup: Features
Businesses with virtual environments that have one or more physical machines or legacy servers that have not been virtualized can use Altaro Physical Server Backup to protect these physical machines and keep them safe.
- Reliable, fast backup and recovery – As Altaro Physical Server Backup is quick and easy to set up and use, with robust functionality, it allows you to act fast in case of issues, providing peace of mind for you and the users who rely on you.
- P2V backup for physical servers – Through this free physical to virtual backup solution (P2V), you can protect a physical server machine and restore the content in a virtual format. You can back up physical servers running Windows Server OS to a local disk, removable disk or network path.
- Backup schedule – Set up one or more backup schedules according to your requirements.
- Restoring your backups – As this is a Disk2VHD solution, it is quick and easy to restore the backed up server as a virtual machine (VM) on a Hyper-V host or as virtual disk (VHDX).
- Avert the impact of a disaster – Should a disaster affect one of the physical servers on your network, Altaro Physical Server Backup enables you to easily restore and access it on your existing virtual environment, as a virtual disk or fully functional virtual machine. This way, if the hardware is ruined, you can now run that machine virtually instead and access all its content.
- Encryption and retention policies – You can specify a backup target, choose an encryption key (optional), define how long you wish to retain your backup versions, and select which physical volumes to protect.
- Ease of use – Simply run the product setup on the physical server you want to back up. This will install the required services as well as a local management console.
- Local management console – You can manage and monitor your physical server backup through a local management console with a web user interface, so that you can manage each install individually.
- Fast and efficient backups – Change block tracking (CBT) is an integral part of the solution, so that scanning for changes is not necessary, resulting in much faster backups. Backups are also fully application-aware (and can make use of VSS).
- Optimized backup size – Thanks to Altaro’s signature inline deduplication, benefit from the smallest backup size, requiring the least amount of backup space and improving backup and restore speed.
- No impact on your pocket – As this is free, you can avoid budgeting discussions. There’s no impact on your bottom line, only upside.
- Community support – While official technical support is not included with this free product, users can seek and provide help and advice through a community forum.
- Single-vendor solution – Companies, IT resellers and consultants that use Altaro VM Backup to back up their Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines can now use Altaro Physical Server Backup to back up their physical servers, thereby enjoying the benefits of a single-vendor solution. Altaro VM Backup for MSPs provides managed service providers (MSPs) with a single, multi-tenant management console for all their customers’ VM and physical backups.
Altaro Office 365 Backup enables you to back up and recover all your company’s Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes, Teams, and files stored within OneDrive and SharePoint, automatically backing them up to a secure data center.
Avoid Office 365 data loss
As Microsoft 365 is a communications system rather than a data protection solution, Altaro helps you to back up and restore your M365 data with ease.
Back up Office 365 automatically
Enjoy the benefits of an easy automated backup process, freeing up your thoughts and time for other tasks.
One all-inclusive price
Your subscription includes backups, unlimited storage, 24/7 support and a central management dashboard. No hidden costs!
You can scale to tens of thousands of users.
Hassle-free, unlimited storage
Your Office 365 backups are automatically saved to one of our secure data centers (choose from a selection of regions – coming soon).
Data storage in our global private cloud, offering reliability, availability and security.
Set your mind at rest: Should you lose data due to outages, deletion, or other disasters, Altaro’s got your back.
Benefits of Altaro Office 365 Backup
- Data loss prevention – You need to have a disaster recovery plan for your Microsoft 365 data, because Microsoft doesn’t include native backup options. Altaro Office 365 Backup fills that gap.
- Hassle-free, automatic backups – Benefit from the ease and convenience of automatically backing up your Microsoft 365 / Office 365 emails, attachments, contacts and calendars; user and group Team Chats and any files shared; and your files stored within OneDrive and SharePoint Document Libraries. Your backups are saved to one of our secure data centers – choose (coming soon) from a selection of regions.
- Easily restore items that are misplaced, deleted, damaged or destroyed – Access full or granular restore options for entire mailboxes for both users and groups, Team Chats and selected mail items and Team conversations. Restore OneDrive and SharePoint files to a OneDrive Account, a SharePoint Document Library or a downloadable ZIP archive.
- Robust, secure and unlimited storage – Altaro Office 365 Backup automatically saves your backups to one of our secure backup locations. No need to worry about having to set up your own servers to save backups to! You also benefit from unlimited storage.
- Control over data jurisdiction – You are no longer solely dependent on Microsoft for your data: back up all your organization’s M365 data to one of our secure data centers and choose (coming soon) where to store your backup data from a selection of regions.
- Centralized management – Manage and monitor all your organization’s Office 365 mailbox, Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint backups through a single online dashboard.
- Unbeatable value – Pricing from just $348 per user per year for a 1-year starter pack, for 10 users. Volume discounts apply, making it even more cost-effective for you as you scale to tens of thousands of users. No hidden fees!
- Lightning-fast 24/7 support – 22-second average support call pickup. Live chat. Speak directly with an expert. No tier 1 agents or gatekeepers.
Get in Touch